Tuesday 5 April 2016

Writer's Workshop - Nature Is Speaking (Taking Action)


Task: You are to craft, re-craft and present your own text (video) as a means of 'Taking Action'

Choose:
- Which force are you going to write about? 
- Think about perspective! You are that force of nature! What characteristics does it have?
- Which language features will you choose to use?
- How can you make your text more powerful?
- Does your text suit the purpose? How can you be sure?

An example - Nature Is Speaking – Julia Roberts is Mother Nature

Some call me nature
Others' call me "Mother Nature"
I've been here for over 4.5 billion years
22,500 times longer than you
I don't really need people
But people need me
Yes, your future depends on me
When I thrive, you thrive
When I falter, you falter
Or worse, 
But I've been here for eons
I have fed species greater than you
And I have starved species greater than you
My oceans
My soil
My flowing streams
My forests
They all can take you
Or leave you
How you chose to live each day
Whether you regard or disregard me,
Doesn't really matter to me
One way
Or the other
Your actions will determine your fate
Not mine
I am nature
I will go on
I am prepared to evolve
Are you?

End Title: Nature doesn't need people... people need nature

Task: Use the storyboard below to plan out your video! Remember this is only an outline - things will change.

Things to include:
Title slide
Mixture of still images & video (excellence) - sketch these at this point - they don't need to be precise (you may change them in the end)
Voice over (with expression)
Thanks to Conservation International
Credits

Hint: Re-watch some of the videos to help you (look at transitions etc.)


Act: 
- Use iMovie to create your very own 'Nature is speaking' video
- Where are you going to source your images and sound? (Make connections here to the #16stubc focus for this week)
- How are you going to ensure that your voice is recorded clearly and no background noise is distracting?
- Share your completed video with Mr Cameron

Reflect:
- Use the following to complete a detailed reflection about your 'Action'

No comments:

Post a Comment